COVID-19 / Coronavirus Notice: WE ARE OPEN – We are working remotely during COVID-19 and fully able to help you with your Immigration concerns. Call & find out how we can help.

To schedule a consultation please call: 206-488-9030

Introduction to Fiance Visa

The K-1 Fiance Visa permits a person to enter the United States to marry a US Citizen. If you are already married, you may not use this visa. With this visa, you must marry your US Citizen fiance within 90 days of your arrival in the US. You are then required to file a separate application to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder).

Eligibility Requirements for Fiance Visa

You are eligible for the K-1 Fiancé Visa if:

  • You are engaged to a US Citizen (you may not obtain a this visa if you are engaged to an LPR);
  • Both you and your spouse are legally eligible to marry (if you have been previously married, you will need documentation regarding all prior marriages and divorces);
  • You must have a genuine intent to marry your US Citizen fiance upon arrival to the US;
  • You and your fiance must have met in person within the past two years;
  • You must not have petitioned previously multiple times;
  • You must not have certain criminal history.

Process to Get Fiance Visa

First, your US Citizen fiance must prepare and submit Form I-129F with documentation establishing US Citizenship, eligibility to marry, and proof of your bona fide (real) engagement including which should include photographs of the two of you together, a brief letter describing your history together. Once you have prepared the Form I-129F packet, you will send it to USCIS.

When your petition is approved, you will receive a packet from the National Visa Center (NVC) which includes additional forms to be completed. After completing and returning the NVC forms, the US Consulate will send you a packet which includes instructions, forms and an appointment notice. The appointment notice will state the date of your US Consulate interview. The instructions will explain the actions you need to take, for example, instructions about obtaining your medical examination. Also, the instructions will provide you with a list of documents that you need to bring with you to the interview, for example, originals of some documents submitted with your visa petition.

Next, you will attend the interview, and if approved, you will enter the US with your fiancé visa. You must then get married within 90 days of entry. After marriage, you must file to adjust status which requires the filing of Form I-485 Adjustment of Status which is an entirely separate process from the Fiancé Visa.

Filing Fees for Fiance Visa

Form I-129F Petition – $535. You will also need to pay a $265 visa issuance fee to the Department of State (DOS). A medical examination is required as well and cost varies by location. Finally, the embassy may charge a machine readable visa fee and a courier services fee.


Fiance visas are very exciting, giving you the opportunity to expedite your arrival to the US and start living your life together. Please call our office today to begin the fiance visa process.


Contact Jeff Now to Get Started

Jeff Goldman, Seattle Immigration Attorney

Call Jeff Goldman Today 206-488-9030

Jeff Goldman has a deep commitment to the concerns and problems of immigrants.
He is fully committed to providing legal help for people needing an immigration lawyer or attorney.

Please call our office to discuss your immigration related concerns.

Don’t wait. You can have your case considered by a compassionate and caring lawyer with experience that can help you get past your problems and move forward with your life.

Call: 206-488-9030
Or Use Our Online Contact Form

Jeff is a knowledgeable and responsible attorney, who handled all aspects of my immigration case and acted quickly to get my case resolved. He kept me informed as to what was happening and what was going to happen about my immigration interview. He and his team were really friendly and patient when I had questions… Read more “He is very straightforward and trustworthy.”

Successfully received K1 and Greencard! – provided good recommendations. We didn’t have any requests for evidence and the process for both the K1 and Adjustment of Status (Greencard). He walked my now wife and I through all of the steps and processes as well as had us put together a very thorough packet demonstrating our… Read more “Successfully received K1 and Greencard!”

Mr. Jeffrey is great attorney: I live in IL I found him at call him for my family friend she was in detention center in WA he help me to bring her out from there very next day he charge me very very reasonable price for that case I really appreciate Mr jeff and… Read more “Mr. Jeffrey is great attorney:”

Immigration Case – After years of waiting and dealing with other attorneys, I hired Jeff for my asylum claim. He worked very hard on my case, prepared me well, and I was granted asylum.  You really helped me, you are the best lawyer ever, thanks again. – Abdi, September 20,2017 Below are some of the… Read more “You really helped me, you are the best lawyer ever.”

We’ve hired Jeff for processing our green card application through marriage. He helped us throughout the process and he proved quite knowledgeable about this domain. We’ve received the physical green card in 8.5 months from the filing date, with no set backs or RFEs. I liked about Jeff being responsive to our emails, SMS, and… Read more “I liked about Jeff being responsive to our emails, SMS, and calls.”

I hired Jeffrey Goldman. He is a great attorney. He helped me with an immigration case. He was very Professional and very friendly. Thanks to him now i have my authorization work permit. I sincerely reccomend him. He always answer your questions no matter what time it is. – M., February 4, 2016 Below are… Read more “Thanks to him now i have my authorization work permit.”

Jeff and his team are outstanding! My wife and I went to Jeff to begin the process of Immigration through marriage; and now we have a Green Card! Just like that! When it came to submitting the initial documentation Jeff and his team made the process incredibly easy, not intimidating, and most of it was… Read more “Jeff and his team are outstanding!”

Trusted competent attorney at law: He helped me petition for my fiance was great fast kind understanding professional am proficient one of the best lawyers I have talk to yet. – Client, April 26, 2016 Below are some of the many testimonials
Jeff has received from grateful clients. Please contact Jeff if you have… Read more “He helped me petition for my fiance…”

Jeff provided excellent service when helping us with our adjustment of status. Jeff is very thorough and professional. He completed everything in a very timely manner. He prepared us perfectly for the interview and found us a very affordable interpreter.  Overall we are very pleased with his services and would definitely recommend him. – Client: October… Read more “He completed everything in a very timely manner.”

Jeff is great and reliable attorney.He communicates well with clients and gives feed back. He was hired in immigration case, and did great. The case was resolved in only couple of months. He does not give fake hopes and promises and is very honest with what he can do about the case. – Client: October 19,… Read more “He does not give fake hopes and promises and is very honest…”

The people’s choice !!! I am a father of two who holds a green card with a Federal felony conviction. I was fortunate enough to not get deported but with all these immigration laws changing, I did not wanna take any chances of being deported and leave my family behind. So I decided to go… Read more “I am a father of two who holds a green card with a Federal felony conviction.”

Jeff will make you feel at ease from the moment you step into his office. Our situation had us so worried and so unsure what our next step should be. But after consulting with Mr Goldman our stress level went way down. His experience with handling immigration troubles and the relaxed manner in which he… Read more “He really put our minds at ease.”

Excellent and attentive: Jeffrey was able to defend my husband in the best way possible. We were able to achieve most of our goals. Jeffrey gave me adequate time to communicate with him and he listened to what I had to say. I would recommend him to anyone who needs an upstanding person in their… Read more “Jeffrey was able to defend my husband in the best way possible.”

Best attorney: I recommend this lawyer for the needs of immigration related issues. He helped me a lot to sort my case. He has done a great job on my case. – Sukhjinder, April 27, 2016 Below are some of the many testimonials
Jeff has received from grateful clients. Please contact Jeff if you… Read more “Best attorney: I recommend this lawyer…”

My husband and I meet several Imigration lawyers before we decided to hire Mr. Goldman. One of the things that stood out about Mr. Goldman over the other attorneys we meet was his confidence. After our first meeting I felt reassured about moving through the Imigration process. And I was right he helped us every… Read more “One of the things that stood out… was his confidence.”

Well well well! I’ve came across a lot of lawyers in my life due to my situation of being an immigrant in the US, when I started approaching different lawyers and discussed my case none of them showed me a positive sign. I had almost lost hope of getting my process done but than I… Read more “Progress! – “

Family Immigration Case: Mr. Goldman is an immigration lawyer I know with deep knowledge about immigration law and practical experience. He is also a very nice lawyer and willing to help me and explain the questions I have very clearly before I hired him. After I talked with him I knew he is the lawyer… Read more “After I talked with him I knew he is the lawyer I’m looking for.”

Was a wonderful experience working with mr goldman. He was obviously very knowledgeable and experienced in working in immigration law. He answered all of our questions . For me, the assurance and peace of mind of having everything handled by an expert was well worth it. jeffrey goldman is a very personable guy who has… Read more “Was a wonderful experience working with mr goldman.”