COVID-19 / Coronavirus Notice: WE ARE OPEN – We are working remotely during COVID-19 and fully able to help you with your Immigration concerns. Call & find out how we can help.

To schedule a consultation please call: 206-488-9030

Green Card Lawyer – Form I-485 – Adjustment of Status

If you are currently in the United States and meet certain eligibility requirements, you may become a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR). This process is called Adjustment of Status. After you apply, even before you become an LPR, you may obtain an Employment Authorization Document and may be eligible to travel overseas.

There are many advantages to becoming an LPR. As a green card holder, you are permitted to work indefinitely and you can bring family members to the United States. Your green card can be taken away if you do certain things, for example, live outside of the US for too long or commit a crime.

However, for most green card holders, you may begin the Naturalization process after five years if you have successfully maintained your LPR status.

Spousal Visa

A U.S. Citizen may apply for his or her spouse to come to the United States as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR).

You are eligible to apply for your spouse become a Lawful Permanent to the United States if: you are a U.S. Citizen; you are legally married to your foreign spouse; you are free to marry; and you are able to support your foreign spouse financially.

Fiance Visa

The K-1 Fiancé Visa permits a person to enter the United States to marry a US Citizen. If you are already married, you may not use this visa. You must marry your US Citizen fiancé within 90 days of your arrival in the US. As long as you marry within that time, you may remain in the United States while you file a separate application to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder).

Residency Based On U.S. Citizen Or Lawful Permanent Resident Spouse

EOIR 42A – Cancellation of Removal is a form of relief available to those who are in proceedings in Immigration Court. To obtain cancellation of removal, you must have been a lawful permanent resident (LPR) of the United States for at least five years at the time that the application is filed, have continually resided in the United States for at least seven years after being admitted in any status (see below*) and have not been convicted of an aggravated felony.


To schedule a consultation please call: 206-488-9030


Contact Jeff Now to Get Started

Jeff Goldman, Seattle Immigration Attorney

Call Jeff Goldman Today 206-488-9030

Jeff Goldman has a deep commitment to the concerns and problems of immigrants.
He is fully committed to providing legal help for people needing an immigration lawyer or attorney.

Please call our office to discuss your immigration related concerns.

Don’t wait. You can have your case considered by a compassionate and caring lawyer with experience that can help you get past your problems and move forward with your life.

Call: 206-488-9030
Or Use Our Online Contact Form